Staff Hunters is recruiting a Project Manager for a client in the Greater Seacoast of New Hampshire on a direct-hire basis.
This is a unique opportunity to play a vital role in the scale-up of our client’s Project Management Team, which will be a key contributor to the company’s future growth. Their mission is to become a world-class, customer-focused organization that will have a significant impact on improving our customers manufacturing capabilities.
This team member should share our passion for excellence and innovation while actively building on their motivation to further develop and elevate expectations of our Project Management functions.
The Project/Program Manager is a Core Team Leader, driving a team of functional professionals from multiple functions and external partners. This role has overall accountability for project planning and execution, leading up to the successful completion and implementation of high functioning automation equipment. Project success is measured on schedule, budget, and the ultimate release of customization products or Platform changes.
Primary Responsibilities and Duties of the Project Manager:
- Leads project efforts while developing a multitude of processes and tools. Accountable for timely delivery, technical excellence, and process effectiveness of product development activities while ensuring the continuous improvement and implementation of product development processes and design control procedures.
- Accountable for designing and executing proper planning, including the creation of the project work breakdown structures, identification of critical path and contingency planning, using appropriate project management software and tools, MS Project, and PLM methodologies. Maintains a high level of personal direct engagement in the day-to-day activity of the team and customer.
- Leads multiple small to medium scale projects of moderate to high complexity.
- Develops technical and business process solutions to complex problems which require the regular use of ingenuity and creativity. Works on issues of diverse scope where analysis of a situation or data requires evaluation of a variety of factors, including an understanding of current business trends and/or customer needs.
- Establishes and follows processes and operational policies.
- Represents the organization as the primary contact on Development Agreements and Projects. Interacts with senior external personnel on significant technical matters often requiring coordination between organizations
- Drives all aspects of the project, ensuring team members remain on track and any delays are effectively addressed. Presents projects at gate reviews to senior leadership to assess project progress, share identified risks and action plans created, and gain approval to continue using resources to keep the projects moving forward. Follows up on any action items from the gate review and keeps the team informed of discussions and decisions made by senior leadership
- Create and manage multiple Project Plans (schedules, budgets, resources, risks, and deliverables) securing input from all impacted functional areas of the company. Sets appropriate timelines, tracks key milestones, and reports project progress against key milestones. Understands timing, relationships between activities, and steps required for each task in the project timeline. Works with internal teams to negotiate reduced timing when necessary. Identifies risks and creates contingency plans based on identified risks with the project team.
- Acts as a gatekeeper for all project-related items, including but not limited to the Project Justification and project timelines. Also owns change control for the Project Justification and managing the scope of the project. Determines preparedness for gate reviews. Also, serves as an advocate for the Product Lifecycle Management system.
- Builds relationships with team members, functional teams, and global partners to gain the trust to lead and influence a team.
- Understands the impact of project decisions on COG%, overhead, direct labor, line decisions, and contract manufacturing costs to provide assessments of where costs can be reduced.
- Bachelor’s degree in science or engineering. Postgraduate a plus.
- PMP Certification
To apply for the Project Manager, email an MS Word copy of your resume to email@example.com, see our website at www.staffhunters-portsmouth.net or call 603-766-2004.