Take a moment to envision your ideal work environment.
Is it fast-paced or more relaxed? Are you part of a team or working independently? Maybe it’s all of these things combined. Whatever you imagine, it’s helpful to know which setting you will thrive in so you can determine the position that is right for you!
While it’s only natural to anticipate and prepare for questions from the hiring manager, it’s important that you cultivate some of your own as well. Remember, the interviewing process is a two-way street. Here are five questions for you to consider bringing up in your interview.
- Tell me, what makes the difference between a good employee in this role and a fantastic one?
- What would your employees say are some of the top reasons they enjoy working on your team?
- How does this position support the company’s mission, goals and projected success?
- Is there a work-style that is well-suited to the requirements of this department/company?
- How would you characterize the company’s overall management style?
Using all or some of these five questions during your interview will provide you with insight on the company’s culture, and may help you identify its expectations of the employees they hire. Taking the time to ask these questions is a great way to express true interest in the company, and indicates to the hiring manager that you take yourself and your career seriously. Not only should getting these answers help you determine where you would fall amongst the other employees, but it should also give you an idea of the best way to move forward.